Mini Bio of Key Personnel
PROF. IMO JACKSON EKPOH: Natural Resource and Environmental Management Expert
Prof. Imo Jackson Ekpoh is a Professor of Meteorology, Climatology and Environmental Management. He obtained Ph.D in Applied Climatology and Environmental Management from University of Birmingham, United Kingdom in 1991. For the past Twenty-two (22) years, he has participated in numerous environmental consultancy projects and is currently consultant to Cross River Broadcasting Corporation; Global Tree Planters, Abuja: (2008-Present); GLOBEN Nig, Ltd., Akwa Ibom and LEADWAY NOBLE Nig. Ltd., Lagos.
Additionally, Prof. Ekpoh has published over 34 research papers in Nigeria and International Scientific Journals in his field of specialization. He has contributed chapters to various edited books published within and outside Nigeria.
PROF. ANTHONY WILLIAM AKPAN
Prof. Anthony William Akpan holds a Ph.D in Hydrobiology and M.Sc. in Applied Hydrobiology & Fisheries. He specializes in Hydrobiology/Marine Ecology and has demonstrated outstanding intelligence in his career . He is an Environmental Consultant par excellence with over Twenty-four (24) years of field experience internationally and locally He has served as principal consultant on oil spill cleanup/remediation for multinationals such as; ExxonMobil, SPDC. He has also served in projects covering Baseline Ecological Studies, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Audit, and Post Impact Studies etc.
Highlight of work experience;
- Assistant consultant in Hydrobiology – baseline Ecological studies of Enwang Oil Field for Shell petroleum Development Company, (SPDC) Nigeria by Centre Development Studies, UNICROSS, UYO (1989-1990)
- Assistant consultant in Hydrobiology – Baseline Ecological Studies of Agu East (Nwagbakobi) Oil Filed for Shell Petroleum Development Company(SPDC) Nigeria by Centre for Development Studies University of Cross River State Uyo (1991-1992)
- Consultant to Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited on Short Term Studies of the IDOHO-QIT Pipeline Rupture Oil Spill of Offshore Fisheries and Plankton in the Southeast of the Gulf of Guinea, Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited Lagos, Nigeria. Jan/Feb 1998
- Consultant and Head of Aquatic Studies – Post Impact Studies for Verification Exercise in Cross River State in Connection with the effect of Oil Spill for Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited 1998
- Consultant Hydrobiologist on Post Impact (Long Term) Studies of the Effect of IDOHO QIT Oil Spill on Offshore Fisheries and Plankton in the Southeast of the Gulf of Guinea. Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited 1998-1999
- Consultant and Monitoring Expert for the Federal Ministry of environment / Exxon Mobil Sponsored Studies for the Evaluation of Effect of Oil Spill on Biodiversity in the Coastal State in Nigeria
- Consultant Hydrobiologist on Team of expert selected by Exxon Mobil on scientific interaction/briefing of department of petroleum resources (DPR) by Federal Ministry of Environment on the effect of oil spill on biodiversity in Southeast of the Gulf of Guinea, Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited 1999 – 2000
- Consultant on Exxon Mobil on the Short term Post Impact Studies of the November 22, 2003 Oil Spill and Effect on the Biodiversity of the Offshore Waters of Southeast Part of the Gulf of guinea, Nigeria 2003-2004
- Consultant on Exxon Mobil on the Long Term Post Impact Studies of the November 22, 2003 Oil Spill and Effect on the Biodiversity of the Offshore Waters of Southeast Part of the Gulf of guinea, Nigeria 2003-2004
- Consultant to Exxon Mobil on the Environmental Evaluation Studies (EES) of the Feb. 28, 2008 IDOHO – QIT Pipeline Oil Spill on the Surf Zone/Estuarine/Offshore Plankton/Fisheries Biodiversity in the South east of the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria (2008-2009)
- Principal Consultant, for the Post Impact Studies (PIS) of Oil Spill of the Universal Energy Resources Limited (UERL/SIPEC'S) in Stubbs Creek Marginal Field Development Project (SCMFDP) Uniuyo Consult (2009)
- Consultant to Exxon-Mobil on the Short Term Post Impact Studies of December 4, 2009 Usari-Idoho Pipeline Rupture Oil Spill on the Estuary, Near-Shore and Offshore Fisheries/Plankton Biodiversity in the south east of the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria. Sponsored by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (2019/2010)
- Consultant to Exxon-Mobil on the Short Term Post Impact Studies of May 01, 2010 Usari-Idoho Pipeline Rupture Oil Spill on the Estuarine, Nearshore and Offshore Fisheries/Plankton Biodiversity in the south east of the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria. Sponsored by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited. (2010-2011)
- Consultant to Exxon-Mobil on the Long Term Post Impact Studies Assessment on Dec 04, 2009 and May 01, 2010 Usari-Idoho Pipeline Rupture Oil Spill on the Estuarine, Nearshore and Offshore Fisheries and Plankton Biodiversity in the south east of the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria. Sponsored by Mobil Producing Nigeria unlimited. (2012)
- Consultant to Exxon-Mobil on the November 09, 2012 Usari-Idoho Pipeline Release Rapid Evaluation Studies on the Estuarine, Nearshore and Offshore Fisheries and Plankton in the south east of the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria. Sponsored by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited. (2013)
- Consultant to Exxon-Mobil on the Nov. 9, 2012 Usari-Idoho Pipeline Oil Spill Post Impact Studies for Estuarine, Nearshore and Offshore Fisheries/Plankton in the south east of the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria. Sponsored by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited. (2014-2015)
PROF. JOSEPH PETER ESSIEN
Prof. J.P Essien is a Professor of Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology and a Research Fellow for the International Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability Research (ICEESR), with 101 research publications in reputable foreign and local journals.
This unassuming yet experienced Environmental Microbiologist has been researching on Protists-Pollutants Interactions in the tropics especially in the Niger Delta wetlands of Nigeria with a copious and exciting analytical knowledge of the standards, policies and codes of practices relating to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and had served as Research Advisor with SPDC, Nigeria.
Prof. Essien had undergone Science and Technical Training for Water Quality Monitoring and Management of Sustainable Water Resources at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju- Korea. Under listed are some projects he has participated in:
- 2004 Consultant: Microalgae Studies: Preliminary / Short Term impact assessment of the MPN Oil spill of November 22nd 2013. AKS Project. Uniuyo Consult.
- 2007 Team Leader: SPDC Social studies for the Ikot Ada Udo Oil Spill.
- 2012. Lead consultant: Bioremediation of heavy metal contaminated soil of the Niger Delta Region, NDDC
PROF . UKPONG, IMOH ETUKUDO
- Ph.D Biogeography
- M.Sc, Tropical Geomorphology
- B.A. Hons, Geography & Philosophy
Prof. Ukpong holds a Ph.D in Biogeography. He is a University lecturer and seasoned Environmental Management Consultant. As a Lecturer and Researcher , in the department of Geography & Natural Resource Management, University of Calabar. He has published quite a number of published National and International Scientific Journals in his field of specialization. His relevant job experience includes the following:
1. Consultant, Niger Delta Environmental Survey , Nigeria. 1995-1996
- Natural Resource Survey of the Niger Delta
- Niger Delta Environmental Survey
- Evaluation of resource types
- Location, boundary and property rights
2.Consultant, University of Uyo Consultancy Limited, Nigeria. 1998-2000
- Uniuyo Consult
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Omigbo East Oil Field
- Shell Petroleum, East
- Evaluation of micro-climate
- Vegetation classification
3.Consultant, University of Uyo Consultancy Ltd., Nigeria. 1998-2000
- Uniuyo Consult
- A study of the coastal soils of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria (Baseline)
- Akwa Ibom State Government
- Ecological zone classification
- 1.(ii) Vegetation analysis
- 2.(iii) Climate description
4.Consultant, Niger Delta Development Commission, Nigeria 2002-2003
- Master Plan for the development of the Niger Delta
- Niger Delta Development Commission
- Proposal Preparer for the Transport Sub-sector
5.Consultant, Project Programme 6, Nigeria 2002 2003
- Amana/Agriconsulting Limited
- Micro Project Programme in 6 Niger Delta States
- European Union
- Duties: Preparer for the Micro Project Programme
6.. Consultant, of Uyo Consultancy Ltd., Nigeria 2003-2004
- Uniuyo Consult
- Baseline Study of Qua Iboe and Uquo Marginal Oil Field
- Shell Petroleum, East
- Geology and Hydrogeology of the Oil Field
PROF. ABASS A. OLAJIRE (ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST)
Prof. A. A. Olajire is a professor of Industrial and Environmental Chemistry at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria. He has served as Senior Research Advisor, Corporate Environment, SPDC, Nigeria. He has an in depth knowledge of the chemistry, fate and effects of hydrocarbon in wetlands.
DR. BARIDISI HOPE ISAAC (LINGUIST AND PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS EXPERT);
Dr. Isaac is a native of Bera, Gokana in Rivers State. He holds a Ph.D in Linguistic and Communication Studies and serves as Head of Department of Linguistic and Communication Studies at the University of Port Harcourt Rivers State. He specializes in syntax, monophology / applied linguistics and semantics and Theory of Communication. He is Member Linguistics Association of Nigeria (LAN), Member West African Linguistics Society (WALS) and Member Reading Association of Nigeria (RAN). He is married with children.
DR. SILAS ISONG (FORESTRY EXPERT);
Dr. Silas Isong (Forestry Expert); holds a Ph.D in Agroforestry and M.Sc in Environmental Management and Agroforestry. His work experience includes serving Environmental Protection Officer at Akwa Ibom State Environmental Protection and Waste Management Agency; Waste Management Officer, Ministry of Environment and Mineral Resources, Akwa Ibom State and Senior Inspector of Factories, Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- He is a member, Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN)
- Member, Environmental Management Association of Nigeria (EMAN)
- Member, National Safety Council of Nigeria (NSCN)
- He is married with children and currently resides at Port Harcourt.
DR. ETUK, UNYIME ROBSON
- Ph.D.(Uyo) in Rural Development
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- B.Agric. Agric Economics and Extension
Dr. Etuk is an erudite scholar who holds a Ph.D degree in Rural Development, University of Uyo. He also holds a Masters degree in Environmental Management and has demonstrated outstanding intelligence in his career. As a university teacher and researcher he has quite a number of published articles in both local and international journals in his field of specialization. He is a member of numerous professional associations including, Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria, Nigerian Rural Sociological Association, Agricultural Research and Extension Network, Nigeria Conservation Foundation, Environmental Management Association of Nigeria.
DR. ORIAIFO SUNNY OSEMENKHIAN
- M.Sc. Soil Fertility
- B. Agric Soil Science
- OND General Agric.
Dr. Oriaifo is a native of Esan Central, Ibore Uneah Irrua L.G.A of Edo State. Born on the 20th of March 1966, he holds Ph.D and M.Sc in Soil Fertility and from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma Edo State.
He has conducted extensive research on physico-chemical properties of soil in the tropics.
Additionally he has served as Member of several Agricultural Development Project (ADP) Committees and committee on Extension and Research Result on Crops for Edo State Government. He is goal oriented creative, innovative and committed to excellence. Dr. Oriaifo currently resides in Edo State.
Mr. ORIAIFO SUNNY OSEMENKHIAN, an indigene of Edo State and holds a M.Sc. in Soil Science. He is conversant with the terrain of the project area and has been extensively involved in research projects within the State. He has received numerous awards which include best ADP Extension agent award (1993-2006), Best ADP Zonal Manager Input, Sales outlet award (2010).
Mr. Osemenkhian, has also participated in special projects such as Fadama III and Fadama III component IV (Train-the-Trainer) Programme, National Programme for Food Security (NPFS), Root and Tuber Expansion Programme (RTEP), International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Community Analysis, Farmers Co-operative Mobilization and Formation, etc.
DR. OGGONNAYA MBAH
Dr. Ogbonnaya Mbah holds a Ph.D in Forestry and Environmental Management. He hails from Abia State and currently serves as Senior Lecturer at the National Crop Root Research Institute, Umudike, Abia State.
His active involvement in Agricultural Research Projects has taken him round the nooks and cranniesof Abia State. He also possess as deep knowledge of the rich cultures and traditions of indigenes of the project area.